why is my pc freezing when I literally just bought it ?

I’ve had my PC for about 4 days and right now it froze but I was still able to move my mouse around. at first it was just discord that was frozen and giving me the loading circle rather than the mouse pointer. Then I tried to close out Call of Duty Warzone but as soon as I hit “quit to desktop” it froze and so did my whole pc with only my mouse pointer being able to move. After 10 minutes of nothing, I held down the power button until it shut down, but the pc startup now is a little wonky. I know turning the pc off like that isn’t the best way, but it was literally the only way besides yanking out the power cord :// Any help ? 

Specs: i7-10700 @2.9 ghz 

RTX 2060 6gb

16 Gb ram

1 TB HDD

480 GB SSD

• Shadow

You would need to check the dump file or event viewer to find what caused the problem. Probably a command that is not being executed correctly or a component is faulty. You may be the unlucky received of a DOA (Dead on Arrival) component. you need to contact the place you purchased the PC from for assistance. If it's a second hand PC from a stranger, then you're out of luck. Nothing you can do apart from purchasing new components.

typical windows 10 it's bloatware and snoops on your privacy and can also start updating at any time regardless of your update settings , check how many processes you have starting, more than 100 will slow you right down and multi core multi threaded cpus sound good but if ALL your software isn't multi core and multithread enabled it will just freeze like any PC over the last 30 years when their are too many processes running 

Like people have said, I would get the windows and games and program updates done first.  Also, do you have any external devices like your hard drives connected when you power on your computer?  Sometimes, I've had my computer freeze up when I power on my computer when my external hard drive is already connected.  I think when there is combination of updates, and programs like an antivirus and games all loading from startup at the same time, sometimes there is a conflict with your hardware and software.  You might want to check to see if your anti-virus is running a virus scan also.  I would disable any startup programs that are running that you may not be using.  Type task manager in your search bar and under startup, disable programs you don't need running.  Often times, bought computers have their manufacturer programs installed and with the exception of windows 10 maintenance programs, I usually disable any other programs that I'm not using.

you got scammed

• P

Hard to say as "wonky" doesn't describe anything concrete.   My guess is you may have a corrupted copy of COD and need to uninstall it and reinstall it, however if you are having problems with other games it may be a driver or hardware issue. 

• TomB

only 4 days old?...might still be downloading updates.

- and you may have done your forced shut down during the update cycle.

- but since I don't know what your definition of "a little wonky" is, I recommend you starting it up, going to "updates" and hitting check for updates, then installing them and leaving it alone until it is done, follow the re-start prompts and repeat until it says  no updates found and that your computer is up to date - THEN see what happens.

Do a complete cold boot, i.e. shut it down, power it off and go away for a bit. Then power it up and boot it.  See what happens then.  (Make sure there's nothing such as a usb drive still plugged in or a dvd still in its drive before you boot).

I think you're bottlenecking.

My first guess would be your storage devices performing very slow but I would start with an anti malware/bloatware program for obvious fixes.  After this I would use benchmark software for each hardware component to verify their functionality.  Your motherboard may be bottlenecking your system however a wild guess.

• Could be you bought a piece of crap

Without knowing all of the specs, we can't tell you muchMaybe your computer is running a lot of programs in the background and they're eating up your limited memory and CPU capabilities.

Could be you're running too many things at once

Could be that your drivers are out of date and need to be updated in order to run a program in an optimal way

Could be that the graphics card you have isn't good enough to handle CoD:Warzone

There are a lot of reasons why this could be happening.