As a parent, how can I best support my child at home to ensure learning?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Show an interest in, and extoll the importance of, an education. LIMIT electronic time (including online learning). OPEN BOOKS ! Praise him for memorizing !   Do small steps so that he is always improving (and thus getting the reward of success).  Play educational games.  [My parents changed the rules of Scrabble to let us USE a dictionary. We picked up random words scanning down a page as we tried to develop our word answers.] Use good language (proper grammar, and a larger vocabulary yourself. - Use a thesaurus in book form.) - a college grad (with grown children)

• Matt
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Depends how old they are. Talking, singing and reading to a baby or young child really helps with their early development. If they are slightly older, interact with them, play games and do puzzles with them. Developing their independent learning and problem-solving skills will really benefit them. If they are school age, help them with their homework, do fun science experiments, teach them a new skill or take them on educational trips to museums, libraries or art galleries. Anything involving exercise, being outdoors and spending quality time together as a family can only be beneficial

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.