Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 2 months ago

why is putting up the Christmas tree fun as kids but less fun as adults?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I'm an adult and I don't find putting up the Christmas tree any less fun.  I think that putting on the big colored traditional lights is the best part of decorating a tree.

• 4 weeks ago

Because adults have experienced many times.

Attachment image
  • Daisy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

We have an artificial tree.   The decorations are stored in the attic, so we lug them down  flights and it takes most of the afternoon to put up everything- including the lights-- there were times when we had to run out to the store for new lights because the sets we bought the year before wouldn't turn on. GRRRR.    Once everything is up and on, it's very nice- but it's a lot of work.   As kids, we helped our mom put up the tree and decorate it.   That was fun. It was a bit of chore to put everything away- usually on New Year's Day.  

• Loose needles, Sticky pitch, White fly eggs on the tree hatch in the warm house, Cat or Dog find new toilet location

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because the kids it’s magical, to adults it’s a burden.  

• 2 months ago

The kids get to do the fun part.  The adults have to untangle the lights and get the tree to stand up straight.  They also have to drag up the ornaments from the basement,  make the hot chocolate and clean up afterwards. 

• 2 months ago

it is just as magical for me but i know what you mean. i have never lost any of the magic of christmas but since becomming a teen there has been the pressure to grow up

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because as a kid life is fun as an adult life is a drag and you’re just waiting for old age retirement and death

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because work makes it less fun. As a kid you weren't the one that had to spend the money and put up the tree 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.