? asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 5 months ago

Is Kodal Minerals a good company to invest in?

They're quite cheap,  their mines in Mali carry significant deposits per tonne of lithium.

• John
    Favorite Answer

Check out Eurasia minerals (Ticker EUA on AIM LSE) they were in a slightly similar situation a few years ago.

However there are caveats, the link up with the Chinese, might bind Kodal into being taken over for little return.  

Eurasia has been mining Palladium for 2 years now, that was after living on hopes for 3 years.

Kodal has possibly another year 18 months before any actual mining, the situation in Mali is difficult, the new Government might choose to cancel any licences issued by the previous Government meaning Kodal has to start all over again.

Their mines in Mali do not have confirmed deposits, there might be nothing there, Kodal needs to do more Geological tests.  

I have them on my watch list, I have sold out my Eurasia shares, too early as it turns out, but I did manage a multibagger.  

How much can you afford to gamble, with a 100% loss, that is how much you should invest?

Personally I think it might be a couple of years before I buy.

But as always (DYOR) do your own research.

PS check out AIM Tickers, 7DIG, QFI, DMTR, LSAI, AGM they are all worth looking at, but might all fail?  

• kswck2

Wouldn't go anywhere near it. It is partnered with a state-owned Chinese company. It's stock price is virtually nil, and any foreign currency conversion fees would leave you broke. 

a 100% LOSS is likely.

• ?

Look at the prices of other mining companies. That sector does not produce big gains. Pass on it.