I never traveled by myself before. How can I catch a plane without being confused?

I want to know where I'm going and when I'm doing

If you are afraid of being confused in airports wait til you try find the right subway or train in foreign countries.... lol

When you get on a plane nobody asks if you're "confused". You're allowed to be confused.

But there is no reason at all why you should be.

Arrange to be at the airport three hours before departure for a domestic flight, four hours for an international one. This will be WAY too much, but for a first time flyer travelling alone it's hugely reassuring to know you have loads of time.

At every point just ASK where to go next. Airports are full of people who've never flown before, and they are also full of people who EXPECT to be asked questions.

So just ASK anyone in a uniform or behind a counter.

Don't hang around enjoying the shops and restaurants until AFTER you go through the Security and Passport checks. After that, make sure you know where your Departure gate is, then relax with a coffee until it's time to board.

get to the airport early, saves you lots of stress. Make sure you know your flight number and gate you're supposed to go to. If you don't, ask anyone who works there, they probably do. 

Arrive early and follow the signs for getting to your gate.

• drip

Arrive early. Take your time. Read the signs. Airports are set up for all travels. Ask questions. 

Arrive early at the airport, follow the signs, and ask if you're lost/confused. 

Airports have many, large, clear, signs. So you should be fine.

There's no place on earth safer or better marked than an airport. When you check your luggage in, the agent will tell you what gate to go to. Follow the signs to the security check. Put your carry on on the conveyer belt. Follow the instructions. After that, you'll see signs to the gates. Just follow them. If you have any trouble, ask anyone who works for an airline- they will be very helpful. 

There is no place on earth with more signage than an airport. If you can read, you should be fine.

Just do what you see everyone else doing.

• J

If you need someone else to tell you how to get on a plane, that’s pretty sad