I went to the eye dr the other day....?

On the paper it said my vision is 20/100+ so what does the + mean, if my vision is 20/110, or something why not put that instead of the + Just asking.

• L

The 'paper' is like a  Prescription.  You take the prescription to where glasses are made, give them the prescription and they will make glasses for you with the correct numbers.

-(minus) means near sighted.

+(plus) means far sighted.

It usually means that you have trouble seeing up close and no problem with your distance vision.Mine is/was 20/250.

Which they will explain as what someone else can usually see at 100ft you can see at 20ft.

The greater the number the worse your vision is.

Hope this helps.

It means that you saw all of the letters on the 20/100 line plus a letter on the 20/80 line. The larger the denominator is, the poorer you see. The + means that you did just a bit better than 20/100. If there were several letters on the 20/100 line and you missed one, they might have recorded 20/100-.

• Andy C

That's just saying worse than 20/100 but not as bad as 20/200 or 20/400, which is legally blind. 

That means you see at 20 feet what people with good vision see at 100 feet.

i would ask your eye doctor this question

Means you blind in one eye and can not see out of other.

I understand the 20 feet and 100 feet, but why the +. I know the thing about the someone with 100 has to be 20 ft away where someone with 20/20 sees it 100 feet away, but I wanted to know about the + there is a plus after the 20/100. I am just confused. :(\

I didn't get any glasses for distance just suposed to get them for reading, but iam seeing a low vision specialist.

I've been blind in one eye, but i never saw a plus, but the one who said it is greater, but not.. don't remember what you said. I appreciate it. I lost some vision recently and I am just flabbergasted=[ Ty guys for your help. :)

Thanks for trying to help. :)

You would be able to Read a sign at 20 Feet, when a "normal" person could read it at 100 or more feet.

The 20 feet for you or at 110 feet for normal.

The "+" means greater than ">" which did not exist in normal usage at the time prescriptions were instituted.