Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

What is "your" definition of eternity?

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

The definition of eternity is "never-ending existence, outside of time and space".

• ?

My remains being 6 ft under in a box, or in an urn on some family members' mantel-piece for generations to come..

• ?

I don't have my own personal definition of words. I just use the one that exists and is understood.

• BJJ

A pigeon picking up one grain of sand from the earth in its beak then fly to the moon at pigeon speed and drop it there then fly back to earth for another one and so on until all the grains of sand are gone from the earth 

"forever"........

Everlasting without end.

• Cee

Timeless.........

Cemetery's eternal rest (until graves are dug up and resold in 20 years, which commonly occurs).

Eternity is synonymous with everlasting. It literally means that it lasts forever.

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• nonexistence is the only thing that is eternal.