Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

Nonreligious folks: What do you think happens to you when you're dead? ?

Just darkness? 

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Oblivion.  To all those who think death is a portal to a better life I truly hope you're correct.  But I doubt it.

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I think that a thin, bearded white man greets me and asks me if I believe he died for my sins. When I tell him "no" because it's ridiculous, a much bigger bearded white man pulls a lever and sends me to a place of torture and screaming for eternity.

I know that's oddly specific, but that's definitely what happens.

• adam
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

energy can not be destroyed. It changes forms. The human body is full of electrical energy. I dont know where that energy goes. I can tell you this though: The bible is a fairy tale. 

• 6 months ago

Death to anything is the end of that thing, persons or wild animals. To think that a dead body in a grave and nothing but a few brittle bones after many years is going to rise and live another life is about as ignorant as one can become. That live forever BS is just nothing but religion which is nothing but BS.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • car253
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Another life that no one knows about.

• 6 months ago

I'm religious and - although I believe in the possibility of life after death (for those who lived a certain way) there is the other outcome.

So in that sense I have something in common with non-religious people because there is still the possibility of this life being the only one. 

• Piero
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not even darkness. Just nothing!! How peaceful ! 

• 6 months ago

you turn into maggot food

• 6 months ago

The same thing that happens for the billions of years before you were born.

There is no "you" to experience anything.

• 6 months ago

There is a different  scenario for each person in hell and so just a punishment it makes a poor man smile.

• 6 months ago

Nothing happens to you WHEN you're dead. Death IS what happens. One's death is end of that individual's existence. The cease to be. Gone. End. Finito. I don't THINK this is what will happen, it's clearly what will happen.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.