Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

Nonreligious folks: What do you think happens to you when you're dead? ?

Just darkness? 

Favorite Answer

Oblivion.  To all those who think death is a portal to a better life I truly hope you're correct.  But I doubt it.

• ?

I think that a thin, bearded white man greets me and asks me if I believe he died for my sins. When I tell him "no" because it's ridiculous, a much bigger bearded white man pulls a lever and sends me to a place of torture and screaming for eternity.

I know that's oddly specific, but that's definitely what happens.

• adam

energy can not be destroyed. It changes forms. The human body is full of electrical energy. I dont know where that energy goes. I can tell you this though: The bible is a fairy tale. 

Death to anything is the end of that thing, persons or wild animals. To think that a dead body in a grave and nothing but a few brittle bones after many years is going to rise and live another life is about as ignorant as one can become. That live forever BS is just nothing but religion which is nothing but BS.

• car253

Another life that no one knows about.

I'm religious and - although I believe in the possibility of life after death (for those who lived a certain way) there is the other outcome.

So in that sense I have something in common with non-religious people because there is still the possibility of this life being the only one. 

• Piero

Not even darkness. Just nothing!! How peaceful ! 

you turn into maggot food

The same thing that happens for the billions of years before you were born.

There is no "you" to experience anything.

There is a different  scenario for each person in hell and so just a punishment it makes a poor man smile.

Nothing happens to you WHEN you're dead. Death IS what happens. One's death is end of that individual's existence. The cease to be. Gone. End. Finito. I don't THINK this is what will happen, it's clearly what will happen.