is flex seal non toxic?


i using flex seal to fix a crack in my turtle tank.  

2 Answers

  • Dr W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    google an MSDS.

    one of the components is Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane which has a GHS (global harmonized systematic safety code) of H413 which is "May cause long-lasting harmful effects to aquatic life".

    another component is 2-Butanone, O,O`,O``-(methylsilylidyne)trioxime which is slightly toxic to fish and algae.  

    those two chemicals are about 10% of the total mass of "flex seal".  The other 90% is most definitely inert.  Ground rock, silica, titanium dioxide, etc.  


    if your "fix" is underwater, it might be an issue.  if it's on the sides (in a position your turtles can get to) then it might be oK.

  • 6 months ago

    All I know is that if you decide to destroy your buckets and boats, you can fix them again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.