Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 8 months ago

What should I wear for cleaning consultation?

I’ve started my own house cleaning company and just got my first client. They’ve invited me out for a consultation at their home this coming week.

My question is: What should I wear? For cleaning, obviously I dress casually because you can’t be wearing fancy clothes to clean the house. But I feel like if I just show up to the house looking toO casual it’s going to give off a bad vibe. So I’m almost tempted to wear Something a little more fancy. Not fancy, but maybe a casual dress or nice slacks and a blouse? But then they might think, why is a cleaning lady dressing so fancy. I’m not actually scheduled to clean. It’s just a meet and greet.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Basic slacks and a blouse is perfect. A simple pair of basic neutral colored slacks khaki, Navy,  black, or great with a simple shirt gives an impression of professional but not overdone.  You can add a suit style jacket when meeting potential customers. You will look like a business woman running a professional service. Simple pants and a basic shirt can become a work uniform too. No one expects old fashioned ruffled maid's dresses or ratty grey cleaning lady dress and apron anymore. Most cleaning service people wear slacks and a simple shirt or polo shirt whether male or female. You can get your company name embroidered on the front of your shirt for an even more business woman look.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.