20-year-old college student here. I was given a speeding ticket of $250 this morning and I'm struggling to figure out what I can do?

• sissy

dont miss your court date and pay it...you will be able to arrange payments...dont ignore it because it wont go away and they wont send you a reminder or a reschedule notice..they will take your licence if you dont go to court

• Willie

The best thing to do is to pay it and you'll feel much better.

• John P

I don't now the law in the USA, but I assume you must pay that $250. Possibly there is a procedure in which you can go to court and fight the charge, but without good evidence it would be hard to win and you might have to pay a bigger fine. Were you actually speeding?

Frankly, what other advice were you expecting? You have broken the law and must face the consequences.

So glad that you didn't kill anyone ! Pay the damn fine and be glad that is all that happened !  A very expensive lesson ey?

If you weren't speeding then go to court and fight the $250.00 dollar speeding ticket. If you were speeding, then pay the $250.00 dollar speeding ticket. If you can't afford to pay the $250.00 dollar speeding ticket them borrow money from someone or pick up some extra shifts where you work.

pay the ticket.........

You have options:  contest it (which can end up with worse consequences), pay it, or, go to jail.

And, don't speed again in the future.

• Bill

You can contest it in traffic court but the deck is stacked against you. Some places impose high court costs that you pay, win or lose. I think that’s very wrong but it’s true. Find the money, pay the fine, and don’t do it again. 

Pay it & don't be so stupid again.

You can pay it all at once or arrange a payment plan.