Atheists how long would it take for the dead animal bodies to decompose after Noah's flood in the absence of insects bacteria etc?

Without bugs and bacteria the decomposition process slow way way down. You see your arguments are weak.

Update:

Larry C : When was the last time you met insects living in the sea?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • JASON
    Lv 6
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I understand what you're attempting to get at. Did all the fish drown? If this fantasy you talk about actually happened it wouldn't make a sterile world.

• God
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Lol. Fungi decompose things. Not bacteria and insects. And without bacteria, all other animals would die. 

• 3 months ago

The flood didn't subside for more than 40 days so by then, I assume most of the corpses would have decomposed on their own under the water, been eaten by shark or been swept out to sea and disintegrated on their own, rotting in the salt water

• 3 months ago

Thousands of years ago the people who finally wrote down the oral story knew the story was meant allegorically and thousands of years ago the readers knew this and so took the stories allegorically.  The literalistic reading of the bible is a relatively new phenomenon.  If you were more informed and/or less bigoted, you'd know this.

That's why the two creation stories one right after another posed no problem for the ancients and should pose no problem for us.

It seems many people think the ancients were stupid.  They weren't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I can't figure out what the F you're talking about.

• 3 months ago

Takes about 2-3 weeks. Bugs and bacteria would both still be there

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

So we should be seeing billions of complete animals in the rock layers, not just bones.  Why aren't they there?

• 3 months ago

Most likely all the dead animals would have been eaten by sea creatures. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

The flood was a hoax.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Are you telling me these could not live in a flooded area on their own?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.