Damon asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Movies that are banned in the US?

I know Wikipedia has a list of them, but none of them are still currently banned. Aside from Emperor Tomato Ketchup, there are really no individual movies out there that I know that are inherently illegal in the US. Also, I don't know of any other reason for why they might ban a film in the US unless it violated CP, copyright or maybe obscenity law. Anybody know of any, excluding Pirate Bay? I'm trying to make a top 10 movies that are banned in the United States.

• Nick
    Favorite Answer

Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story

It was banned for copyright infringement.

"Superstar" is NOT "officially banned" in the USA. It was ruled as containing sound recordings that violate copyright and was "removed from circulation".  Not all copies were destroyed and it is not necessarily a crime to exhibit a copy - or the soundtrack - if you can find one. 

Source(s): 17 USC § 110 Limitations on exclusive rights: Exemption of certain performances and displays

Believe it or not.........Disney's  Song of the South,  is now officially banned for it's racist content. 

yes there are lots.

think anti PC

• Robert

You're trying to make a top 10 movie that will not be shown in one of the world's largest movie viewing markets?  Interesting.  Let me know how the fundraising goes.