Misty asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 2 months ago

is hawaii food really delicious?

I would say no..............................

Yes......and no.  Just like every other cuisine.  

Personally, I do not like the typical Hawaiian food that much. Though, I do like the manapua and the pork hash from 7Eleven and the li hing mui-everything.

Typically, I like spicier food and I find that the typical Hawaiian food to be quite bland for my taste (I miss good Thai, Mexican, Italian, and other foods in Chicago). But different people have different tastes.

@Redstone: I have tried it, but I just really don't like raw fish or not fully cooked fish in general. I used to travel a lot and have tried many of the local cuisines (Thai food is my favorite). But when it comes to raw/cured fish, I just cannot handle it too well whether it be poke, Korean hoe, tuna tartare, sashimi, yusheng, ceviche, grevlax etc. 

By the way, stay safe during the lock down, again. 

Quite tasty. Food in Hawaii tends to be a little of everything with an indigenous flare to it.

My particular favorite is a poke bowl with sushi rice. 

@Navycrab: You need a spicy poke bowl. (Fresh only, the previously frozen doesn't cut the mustard.) :-) 

Source(s): Resident of Hawaii

Some of it is. I particularly like taro bread and kalua pork.

• hihi!

Hawaiian food is.