Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Why do global warming deniers associate blue skies and clean water with communism?

In a current question, the Clown Troll implies that a quote by the WHO Director-General is associated with "communism". Here is the full quote: "In particular, the Covid-19 pandemic has given new impetus to the need to accelerate efforts to respond to climate change. The Covid-19 pandemic has given us a glimpse of our world as it could be: cleaner skies and rivers."

Why would cleaner skies and rivers be a communist thing? Is the Clown Troll saying that we can't have cleaner skies and rivers with capitalism? Why not?

Davie Bwoi "Putin's lap dog" is Trump--everybody but you knows that. Maybe you got confused because the Clown Troll saw that he was being owned on this question, so he deleted his original question. Works for me--he should delete all his questions and answers.

So Anonymous, you're saying that deniers are smarter than sheep? I might agree with that. Do we both agree they're dumber than dogs, dolphins and apes?

Clown: This question was posted in response to your own, so if you think it's inane, why did you post your question? Why do you lie constantly? You know I am not paid by any environmental groups--in British Columbia or anywhere. You claim this all the time, but you certainly have no evidence (because it isn't true). I have been on and off here for awhile (but not 15 years) because of people like you--you lie about science, you lie about everything.

Clown, your plots seem irrelevant to the question, but I have a few questions about them: Why does your hurricane plot stop 10 years ago? Does the recent data not work so well for you? Why are you only looking at January--July typhoons? That seems very strange to ignore half the year. So are yearly typhoons up? Why are you looking at global drought? Global warming predicts increased global rainfall, so wouldn't it be more useful to look at regional drought (and regional fires)? If you've...

...traded drought and fire in less population, less important regions for more drought and more fire in areas that are more critical to human infrastructure, doesn't that matter? Even if globally there is less drought, if you have more in agricultural regions and less in rainforests, that could be a bad thing.

Did everyone notice that Clown Crusher could not answer my questions? Instead he posted more plots from more accounts and drew more erroneous conclusions. He uses data that is so noisy that no statistically defensible conclusions about increase or decrease can be drawn--then claims when no increase is found, that contradicts something from global warming--something that was never a prediction of global warming in the first place.

Favorite Answer

While I 100% agree with you, clean water and blue skies shouldn't be reserved for communism, but, I think I sort of get what they're trying to say.

Capitalism at its peak, (Gilded Age America), is practically littered with monopolies which in turn, made everything super competitive. Luckily, America is no longer completely capitalist because that was sort of a mess, but, we still have a very competitive mindset when it comes to economics.

Cleaner skies and rivers might be harder to achieve because, in capitalism, those who own monopolies want to stay on the top of the food chain--and that's harder to achieve when they have to follow environmental regulations. It's a very "survival of the fittest" way of life and no one wants to give any of their competitors a chance, so many companies are willing to sacrifice a clean environment in order to keep the power over a certain industry.

I think it's possible to have cleaner skies and rivers with capitalism, it's just that it can't be a suggestion, it'd probably have to be enforced.

Hurricane landfalls not increasing 1970-2019.  This is one of many examples contrary to alarmists who say this is increasing.  

Number of typhoons formed not increasing 1951-2019 in Pacific.  This is one of dozens examples contradicting alarmist claims that extreme weather is increasing.

Source:  Japan Meteorological Society.

You might wanna check the internet for that.

I don't think they do that.

Alarmists claim extreme weather is increasing, but peer review and authoritative sources show extreme weather steady/decreasing.

Here are just four examples of several dozen I've posted since last year.

Looks like you know nothing about dolphins. There is no difference in the sky or in the water ... Talk about deluding yourself ... Bwahahahaha alarmists are going down!