Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 5 months ago

Why are Ford Mavericks so hard to find for sale?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

One reason is they haven't made them for over 40 years. Most of them were crushed years ago. I personally haven't seen one on the road in 25 years or so.

• ?

I saw one in a barn that my uncle has and it has the original paint under the rust that covers it.

Not on of ford's better ideas. Why would you want one?

Mavericks, falcons, vegas, yogo, opal and others of that era were throw away cars.. Drive them 100k miles and get a new one.. Though vegas and opels barely lasted 50k miles

They have been obsolete for many years.  They where junky cars to begin with.

They were looked at as fairly disposable at the time (50 years ago) and people drove them as such.  Some of the V8's got a little respect, but the rest disappeared with the Pinto's and such.  

• CB

There is a cherry Maverick in my neighborhood, not for sale though.  Weren't particularly stylish, not particularly powerful, half-assed attempt at sport/family car. 

Cheap car that rusted away, not seen as collectable. Not a lot were sold. None left on the planet.