Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Am I weird for never wearing socks?

I'm a guy in my mid 20's and I don't like wearing socks because I find them uncomfortable, I feel like they squish my foot while wearing shoes and it bothers me, so I've hated wearing socks since I was young. 

Since I entered high school I decided to stop wearing socks all together and I've never gotten into any trouble for it but my best friend said it was disturbing for him that I didn't wore any socks with shoes specially when we hung out together at each others house and I took my shoes off and other people have looked at me strangely.

Am I weird for it?

Favorite Answer

have u seen the old 80's show Miami Vice? They went sockless

I don’t wear socks either because I have two dogs that shed like crazy, so if I wear socks in my house it’s going to collect all the dog hair

• rick60

That is ok, i dont either

• Mark

Not if you have an athlete's foot fetish.  :-)

Seriously (well, actually the above WAS serious), they make "no-show socks" aka "shoe liners".  You are also doing your shoes no favours if you go sockless in them - leather and water (which is what sweat mostly is) do not mix well.

Yes you are gingers and black peaople gonna eat you ***

• kelvin

no...................

Well in a way it is, particularly when it is cold outside.

No you are not weird at all.  I am in my late 40s, and I also never liked wearing socks (still don't like to wear socks) in my sneakers (this time of year however, I wear my sandals) back in my school days I did not wear socks in my sneakers most of the time even in the cold Winter months.  Yes wearing sneakers without socks on a regular basis does make my feet stink, but the odor does go away eventually.  I started not wearing my socks in my sneakers on a regular basis since I was 11 or 12 years old.  Also back in my school days there were other students who wore their sneakers without socks and during my PE class and we would change into our PE clothes only once or twice a student will give me a strange look when they see me with no socks on and I never gotten in trouble in class for not wearing socks.

At some point you should get shoes and socks that fit . . . . when they do you are unaware of either.  Easy to do with today's sports shoes and white cotton socks - harder with dress shoes and socks but can be done.

• WOOWHO

perhaps one has not engaged with a dictionary  recently 

WEIRD ( adjective ) used to suggest " SUPERNATURAL " , or uncanny

UNCANNY ( adjective ) mysterious  in a unsettling way   strange

STRANGE ( adjective )  unusual  SURPRISING  in a way

that is unsettling or hard to UNDERSTAND ....

. many people do not wear shoes . if its not required in some cultures

how NOT wearing  socks and giving the REASON that it is  uncomfortable  is NOT MYSTERIOUS unsettling or  SUPERNATURAL ..

.. perhaps pay more attention in English / grammar class  maybe a  pair  of  LUCKY SOCKS might improve your  word  and language comprehension ( dont have to wear them carry them in your pocket  lol  the concept of  LUCKY might have a tinge of SUPERNATURAL  and STRANGE  )

thank you for sharing your experiences  interesting the impression  as written one is 20 years old and still in high school   the question allowed for me  to provide information on the subject of WEIRD and MEN's SHOES and FOOT SWEAT

there are actually  6 Men's SHOES designed   to be worn WITHOUT  socks such as 

the BOAT shoe ... the Woven loafer ..... the Mesh running shoe

the knit Chukka...the European Espadrille.. the Canvas slip on 

not all people  have SWEATY FEET .

.. not all SOCKS are absorbent , women wear PANTY HOSE  which are NOT absorbent . per PODIATRIST  people   have Sweaty feat if their shoes are too TIGHT  , on their feet all day or under STRESS and or have a medical condition caller PLANTER HYPERHIDROSIS