If Joe Biden gets elected and gets dementia, could his health become a threat that he presses the buttons to launch nuclear missiles  ?

Just asking because it would become a very dangerous situation in my opinion..

Favorite Answer

Are you really dumb enough to think that the president can nuke someone just by pressing a button? The process is far more involved and can’t be done accidentally. Biden does not have dementia, but anyone can develop Alzheimer’s at that age. Don’t forget Reagan ACTUALLY had Alzheimer’s while in office. After 8 years, he still had his cabinet members wearing name tags because he couldn’t memorize the names of the people he appointed. Scary! I can tell Biden is still sharp. He’s not a great speaker, so he sometimes stumbles over words, but so do a lot of people (Trump especially!). Given Biden’s age, it’s a possibility that his mental or physical health could decline. If that happens, I’d hope he would resign and let Harris become president. I find it far more concerning that trump has the nuclear codes. That man is a mentally unstable sociopath with a huge ego. I could see him nuking the whole planet just because he’s upset at losing the election. Im sorta joking, but not totally. I could see him spending those 2.5 months between Election Day and Inauguration Day doing horrible and irreparable damage to this country. It’s actually terrifying!

• ?

he already has it........

Impossible.  Need two people to launch any missiles.

Peace.

• ?

As dangerous as TRUMP having the code?  Oh wait, he is 37 (you know, born in the 1980s), in perfect mental and physical health, and never ever shows signs of dementia, right?

I think you are being overdramatic, as the president can't somehow launch nuclear weapons alone.  There are many steps to do this. I would suggest read a book.

• xg6

I'm sure the current staff of the White House has replaced the Nuclear Football with a mock up and gave Donny an incorrect code 

If Reagan gets elected and gets dementia, could his health become a threat that he presses the buttons to launch nuclear missiles?

If Bush gets elected and gets dementia, could his health become a threat that he presses the buttons to launch nuclear missiles?

If Clinton gets elected and gets dementia, could his health become a threat that he presses the buttons to launch nuclear missiles?