A good idea that will make all the difference in my life is to write a book with my own words. This sentence is awkward or is it right?

Favorite Answer

It's just a little awkward.  There aren't any grammatical problems.  And reading it, it's not that hard to decode what you are trying to say.  But it's too much in one thought, one sentence.

You could break it down and make it flow easier. 

I have a good idea!  It will make all the difference in my life!  The idea is to write a book with my own words.

Or rearrange it.

I want to write a book with my own words.  I think this is a great idea!  It could make all the difference in my life!

I assume you mean: "A good idea which would make a big difference to my life would be to write a book using my own ideas"  

• geezer

'' ....... is to write a book with my own words'' is a little awkward.

Why not just say '' ....... is to write my own book''.

This sentence has the grammatical and literary strength to be a sentence.

By the way, it can be written in the following way.

A good idea having the power to make all the difference I my life is to write a book with my own words.

It's alright to me and doesn't sound awkward at all. Has a somewhat poetical feel to it and if that's what your aiming for, then it's perfect. ; )