Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

How do we know this coronavirus will end?

Update:

I mean cancer has been around forever and HIV aids has been around for many years, how do we know this coronavirus will not be here 20 years from now? I’m really bothered by the social distancing because I can’t see anybody and I’m getting really scared I’ll never see them again except via the Internet. At the same time I understand that if we don’t social distance many will die so I’m not against it I’m just really depressed by it. 

We know this will ever end?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Once a virus exists, it almost always is here.

Even after 'eradication', many viruses still exist, including the plague. There was a case diagnosed in California just this past week.

Vaccines can help in some cases, but they do not eliminate the existence of a virus nor stop 100% of infection, they only help people's immune system fight them off more efficiently.

• 2 months ago

i do not know, talk to trump 

• 2 months ago

only god can take it away

• 2 months ago

If Sleepy Joe is elected this will all end.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

None of us know when the coronavirus will end. But everything has an end. Whether before or after. Coronavirus will end one day. The world will be calm again. But we have to learn from this virus.

• DK439
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

When people aren't blaming Trump, they need to realize that NO one knows if this will end or just continue to take lives.

• 2 months ago

You are right we don;t 100% know it will end.  However  it is wrong to compare it with cancer (a genetic abnormality generally causes that over viruses, some virues though like hpv, which can be vaccinated against, can cause cancer.) and HIV is a completely different virus that spreads and propagates in a completely different way.

HIV vaccines have eluded science just the same as colds but flu vaccines have been developed for seasonal flu. Anti virals have been developed for both HIV and flu and its likely they can be developed for covid once we know more.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A vaccine will make things better. But many people will refuse it.

• 2 months ago

Even the plague came to an end.

• 2 months ago

The corona-virus will end.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.