Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

What if Donald Trump made a new law were you could only buy 1 video game per year, what would you chose?

He felt Americans were spending too much time on video games and wanted to limit the quantity to just 1 game per year.  

Im not even a football fan but i would buy Madden 2020 🏈 Just so i could play online and keep passing the game over and over again.

Update:

Update: i know Donald Trump cannot pass laws. This is just a simple "what if question"

Update 2:

TStodden: i cant believe you always go around trying to be politically correct instead of answering a simple fun question. You are just wasting your life you dumb geek loser.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This can NEVER HAPPEN, even in a hypothetical sense, for four reasons.

1) Only the Legislative branch (aka Congress) has the power to propose new laws.  The Executive branch (aka The President) only has the power to approve or reject new laws that made it through Congress.

2) Such an law would be unconstitutional as it would violate the First Amendment as a censorship of Freedom of Speech.  The Judicial branch (aka The Supreme Court) has legally declared video games as an art form, therefore cannot be censored by any government law.

3) It's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to enforce!  Considering such a law would have to be applied to ALL COMPUTING DEVICES (Cell phones, tablets & computers) in addition to dedicated consoles...  It would create way too much red tape for the government to track, much less properly enforce such a law.

4) IT WOULD BE ECONOMICAL SUICIDE!  The video game industry easily rivals the movie industry in terms of economical impact.  The industry makes around $135 BILLION.  Decimating the industry would have massive impacts in the US with increased unemployment & less entertainment options.  Even if the ESA caught a whiff of such a law being proposed, they would lobby to get it killed in committee before it reaches any congressional floor.

Just face it, it's not going to happen.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Means S.F.A.to me.  I'm Canadian.  His insanity has no influence here.  I don't waste my time with those infantile things anyway.     

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

if Halo comes out this year i'll get that one.  Otherwise maybe AC Valhalla.  

i have gta v and play online a lot already.  along with a bunch others to keep me occupied.  

in general, lately i haven't been buying a lot of games anyway.  

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Donald Trump doesn't make laws, and no law can violate free speech.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

F*ck Donald Trump ... he can eat a 🍆

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.