no asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 months ago

How to bring Lebanese to Canada? ?

Hey, I am Canadian and I have some family in Lebanon. As you may know, the situation there is not good. 

My family doesn't really have money to immigrate here, it's approximately 10k$ for each person and I don't believe they are considered as refugees. I am also unable to afford 10k$ per person (they are a family of 4). 

Can you please help me to help them? What steps can I take and what steps can they take to immigrate here without having to spend too much. Please be as detailed as possible. 

I would appreciate if only serious people can answer. 

Thank you. 

How to make Lebanese citizen into Canadian immigrant?

Favorite Answer

NO chain migration to Canada. A Canadian citizen may sponsor their spouse, or may sponsor parents for long-term visas (NOT immigration). Financial requirements are steep - in addition to earnings, the sponsor must prove savings/investments, and have a suitable home for their spouse (or long-term visit from parents).

They do NOT qualify for asylum, and are not refugees adjudicated by UNHCR. 

The only way one or more persons in this family might come to Canada, either on temporary employment visa or immigrate with PR (permanent residency) status, would be if they hold advanced degrees PLUS appropriate experience in an occupation listed on the official govt shortage list of occupations. IF they can then compete for a job with an AUTHORIZED employer who holds govt permission to consider foreign applicants for an open position in a shortage occupation, then the employer will help them get a temporary employment visa or support their application for PR. Expect quotas for any shortage occupation to fill rapidly, often within a few weeks of posting that occupation to the shortage list. Also expect a typical 100-1000 applicants from around the world for ONE JOB opening which might qualify for any visa or immigration. Anyone who does not qualify for an excellent job in their own country is likely not qualified for any job in a foreign country as employment visas are increasingly restrictive & highly competitive. Furthermore, due to growth of telecommuting, remote working, etc, it is less & less necessary to bring in any foreign workers for practically anything anymore.

So there appears to be NO way any of them can immigrate to Canada or anywhere else. Perhaps you can send them a bit of money to help them out if they are suffering from some temporary financial setback, emergency medical bills, or the like. In a low-cost country like Lebanon, a little goes much, much farther than such an amount would in a high-cost country like Canada.

Say that Rudeau is racist on Sociial Media

• Foofa

You might talk to some local religious organizations to see if they can help you raise funding. But the reason Canada is a nice place to live is because it has relatively high immigration standards. 

• Maxi

From what you have said it is not happening any way you cut it... but as Canada has a very good immigration website which spells it out very clearly, I suggest you read it https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citi...

There's no free and easy way to migrate to another country. As you've found.

They will need to qualify for their own visas, if you don't meet the requirements to sponsor them. This means the adults will need to successfully find qualifying employment to get a work visa. 

Not going to happen.. I'm serious.. They can't even go to Canada for a visit because there are travel restrictions.. Don't you know you can get correct answers to your question by doing a google search.. That's how I found out about travel restrictions in about 20 seconds.. I will repeat, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON.. If it could don't you think everyone around the world would be flooding in.?