Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

I always have a fever?

I always have a temperature ranging from 98.9-99.5. Even if I feel fine, my temperature is high. It has been like this the past few months. I normally take my temperature orally, but I was wondering if it is normal to run so high, or if this could be a potential underlying illness?

I don’t have any symptoms that I know of with it. And I know that a 98.9-99.5 temperature is not technically a fever, but it is considered a low grade fever, and normal body temperature should be around 98.6.

Is anyone else like this?

I also dont take any medication besides birth control pills. But I do have really severe anxiety

Oh and I don’t do drugs or drink or smoke or any of that. I have before but not recently! 

Favorite Answer

That is not a "fever." It's perfectly normal for a person's body temp to fluctuate by a full degree, sometimes more. It doesn't mean anything except that's normal for you.

Anything can make you one degree over your normal body temperature smoking drinking alcohol taking any kind of a drug. Even no euphoric medicine even a dental filling can cause this