Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 month ago

Why did they script this to Little House on the Prairie, even though nothing relating to it never happened in real life? (season 6 spoilers)?

I'm talking about the fire of Harriet Oleson's school for the blind, where baby Adam and Alice Garvey died. Mary Ingalls never got married in real life, but as she had Adam and the baby in the show, why did they add in such a tragic fictional event?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • EddieJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How do you know that the fire never happened?  I'm NOT saying that you are wrong, but did you read a book that researched the reality?

In the original book series, although biographical, some parts of the story were embellished or changed to appeal more to an audience, such as Laura’s age. In the Big Woods book, Laura herself turns five years old, when the real-life author had only been three during the events of the book.  Carrie hadn't actually been born yet but she's in the book.  

• 1 month ago

It's TV, lots of things are "made up" in TV, even if based on real events.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Almost everyone's life would be boring if made into a TV show or movie.  Real life is almost always enhanced to keep a viewers interest.  No movie is the life of xxxxx.  It is "based on" the life of xxxxx.  None of us are all that exciting, but we all have moments which can be enhanced to make them interesting to more than the poor bartender who is forced to listen. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes I'm aware of that most of smaller storylines weren't real, but many of the big chances, like Charles Jr. dying and Laura marrying Almanzo did happen in real life. The fire type of thing is very big change, and as it was purely fictional, it feels a little unnecessary.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Most of what happened in the TV series did not happen in real life.

The real Ingalls family only lived in Walnut Grove for two or three years and after their third successive crop failure, they left, never to return.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.