Is the rock band KISS overrated?

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of KISS, but their are other bands that are better then KISS. I love their music but their customs are out dated and their merchandise is cheaply made. How do you feel about KISS??

• Phil

No, not at all.

ps, But where are the Kiss fans ?

I asked Kiss Fans here a couple of days ago for their favorite Kiss album and did not get any replies.

https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

yes, while their songs are catchy and likable I never thought they were all that great.

I hate rock music but KISS is definitely one of, if not the single best rock band of all time. I love me some "love gun." 

It amazes me those guys ever lasted more than a couple years,

Yes, they are incredibly overrated.

• dman63

The first album I ever bought was “Destroyer” in 1976 when I was 13, and I was into them for about a year.  After that I started getting into other bands, and I haven’t listened to KISS much since then.  I consider them a gateway band, and there’s a few of their songs I still like to hear (“Detroit Rock City”, “Cold Gin”, “100,000 Years”, “Strutter” and a few others) but there’s better bands out there, as I’ve known for the last 40-odd years.  Still, though, I won’t trash KISS.  They got me into rock and roll, and that ain’t a bad thing.  Plus, the KISS poster on my bedroom wall REALLY pissed off my parents.😁

Yes they are. Even back in the 1970s and 1980s I thought that. That band made its name on cheesy theatrics, not great music. I'm not a fan but will probably listen to one of their songs if it's played on the radio.

As overall entertainers, they are second to none. Any band who has been able to entertain audiences on this level for this long (46 years and counting!) deserves to be recognized for that.  Name any other band who's done that.

As musicians, recording artists or songwriters however, they are not the best (and they will be the first to admit that), so anyone who says they are, is possibly overrating them. Though they do have a good number of outstanding songs that have stood the test of time.

• Sathi

Yes. They knew they weren’t great musical talents, so they had to come up with a gimmick (makeup, costumes, pyrotechnics, etc.) to get noticed. They should be thankful they got a record contract because their songs are pretty weak.

Yes, they are grossly overrated.  They are in the Hall of Fame, along with other grossly overrated acts such as Madonna, Bon Jovi, and Janet Jackson, while talented artists such as Jethro Tull, J. Geils Band, and Los Lobos remain outside the Hall. To me the Hall of Fame has become a sham and a joke. 

I dont think they are highly rated by anyone