Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Did I steal?

Hi, this afternoon me and my girlfriend went to donate a bunch of toys and clothes in a Salvation Army bin, while I was putting the stuff on the bin my girlfriend started to look around a bit that had more donations, so I was waiting for my son to come out of the car to help me I got close to the bin to look, I grabbed a small puzzle box and Accidentally took it in the car but once my son came out of the car I grabbed the box and put it back in the bin, a car came and said someone took pictures we didint take anything tho will we get intronble with the law? 

• Joe

no you wont get in trouble relax

You said you put it back so how can that be stealing?  Regardless, we dropped off a load of stuff at Goodwill some months ago.  I took one small item that I thought I could use.  I figured it as an exchange.  We've donated tonnes of stuff to Goodwill over the years, some really nice pricey stuff so, I figured it was okay, even though we aren't supposed to take anything left outside, after hours.