My legal fees are being sent out of state?

Hello, I have recently paid multiple tickets and on each occasion either all of the money I paid or some portion of the money I paid was sent across the country to various states. I got a red light camera ticket in Seattle Washington and I had to pay the ticket to a Texas state website, I thought that was very weird but assumed nothing of it. Months and months later I went to court for traffic tickets totally unrelated and paid at the court house, my bank statement shows the fees I paid as being paid to Knoxville Tennessee. Anyone know why my city and state fees are being sent to totally different states?

I also wanted to add that when I called the court house to ask about it they gave me really vague answers and seemed to be heavily avoiding the question. Is there any way I can definitively check to see that my money is actually being used to benefit my community in some way?

This is either made up or this person is being scammed.

It may just be the company that processes the payments are not in the state itself.

• A.J.

Contracted out government collection and accounting agencies. Instead of hiring people in Seattle to process the payment, they hire a contractor in Texas as cheaper to the city of Seattle. As long as the money gets credited against the ticket, everything is fine. You can relate it to calling a help center, and hearing someone in the Philippines handling it. 

• Rick

I have no idea, so MAYBE you should dig a little ...................