My legal fees are being sent out of state?

Hello, I have recently paid multiple tickets and on each occasion either all of the money I paid or some portion of the money I paid was sent across the country to various states. I got a red light camera ticket in Seattle Washington and I had to pay the ticket to a Texas state website, I thought that was very weird but assumed nothing of it. Months and months later I went to court for traffic tickets totally unrelated and paid at the court house, my bank statement shows the fees I paid as being paid to Knoxville Tennessee. Anyone know why my city and state fees are being sent to totally different states?

Update:

I also wanted to add that when I called the court house to ask about it they gave me really vague answers and seemed to be heavily avoiding the question. Is there any way I can definitively check to see that my money is actually being used to benefit my community in some way?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

This is either made up or this person is being scammed.

• 2 months ago

It may just be the company that processes the payments are not in the state itself.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Contracted out government collection and accounting agencies. Instead of hiring people in Seattle to process the payment, they hire a contractor in Texas as cheaper to the city of Seattle. As long as the money gets credited against the ticket, everything is fine. You can relate it to calling a help center, and hearing someone in the Philippines handling it. 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I have no idea, so MAYBE you should dig a little ...................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.