I have a 2006 Dodge charger SRT8. My radiator fans will not come on unless I turn on the AC or heat. Both fans work. What is the problem?

The motor needs to come up to at least 230 degrees Fahrenheit to make the radiator fan come on. Take the radiator cap off and check the coolant level in the radiator...not just the reservoir tank.

I swapped out all 3 relay fuses. Put in a new ECT sensor. Brand new water pump. 180 thermostat. Brand new upgraded fans. At first the fans would come on normally as they should. Then the other day they just stopped coming on and my engine was over heating. But when I turned on ac they worked just fine and the engine would cool. Just trying to figure out why they stopped working on their own with no assistance from the trip the ac sends it. 

• Ron

Is it overheating? Then they don't need to come on

Check the fuse.  Check for a bad ECT sensor.  Or bad radiator fan relays.  Get a test light and check for power and ground at the motor.  Get a relay tester and check control and load voltage at the relays.