Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Would you be offended if a friend tells you we have very different personalities and I prefer if u dont call me?

She says whenever we work together we argue 

Your "friend" was rude to you, and it might have been handled in a gentler and kinder way, e.g., just not responding. Or, not replying much. You didn't describe the work situation, so not possible to address that.   I'd be hurt or offended, but I'd also take the hint and stop associating with her.

I would be hurt, dump her as a friend.

I would be offended and feel hurt about it. Hope you feel better by the way. Also just move on from her, you don't need her in your life.

• art

I would feel hurt, but I have had to do the same sort of thing to a friend, we had really drifted in different directions and had very little in common anymore with very little left to talk about - it was a very hard thing for me to have to do, but it was the best thing for both of us in the long run

Ouch. Well, respect what she said. Find a new friend. While this certainly hurts, at least she said it to you, rather than telling everyone except you.

I'd do exactly what she wanted and steer clear of her from now to eternity.  She'll probably want you back as a friend long before you will want her.  In the meantime don't allow this to keep bugging you.  She, very likely, has only a few REAL friends and will soon want back those that she has offended.

It would depend on the context of the conversation. However you and your friend may not be compatible as work colleagues but a friendship is different.

Your question suggests they've dumped the friendship and the working relationship.

Asking you not to call her is probably the answer. It's upsetting but at least you know where you stand.

• Merry

If it was a close or long-standing friend I would be upset, hurt and confused.

If it was a relatively new friendship I would probably feel hurt but wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Friendships come and go & sometimes feelings get hurt & whilst that often hurts and can be hard I wouldn't feel offended. 

Offended means that you would feel resentful or annoyed, insulted.

We can't make someone like us 

You might not ever know what happened to cause the other person to feel the way they do... But, whether you like it or not, the only choice you have when someone tells you they don't want or value you as a friend, is to adjust and trust that in time, you will find a true friend who accepts and values you as you are. 

Don't give other people power to your emotions bc you are digging a deeper hole for yourself and you are keeping the drama alive when you do that.  Even if bothers you don't show it 

i will throw u out the window. stop cheating me