Floyd asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 months ago

Military advice?

I want to join the air force. I have 4 months left in college and would like to enter the DEP. Now, I'm not 100% clueless because I know that signing the final enlistment contract means the deal is done but can I take the asvab, go to MEPS and wait out the day to leave?

Favorite Answer

In the air force the average ship time is 6 months after meps, you can tell them the date you want to wait till after to ship to basic.

• Mrsjvb

You may begin the process your last semester of school.  

If you are graduating with a degree WHY would you want to enlist?   Get a direct commission and come in as an officer.  The pay is better,  the benefits are better and you will have far less people telling you what to do.  

• Ralph

I can't help with the details but would ask does going into the Air Force help further your career that you have worked hard for in college (is it relevant?). If so, and you think its a good choice then go for it. If going into the Air Force has nothing to do with your degree then you just wasted a BUNCH of money and time. Typically people go into the military and then go to college on their GI.