james asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Did you know you have to win Ohio if you want to be elected U.S. President?

Favorite Answer

Since its admission to statehood in 1803, Ohio has participated in every U.S. presidential election. ...

Voted for winning candidate: 45

No. of elections: 54

Voted for losing candidate: 9

Granted, I copy/pasted the search for exact numbers but I knew you were wrong w/o looking. Why do you embarrass yourself like this? Also, you're supposed to be seeking help f/ us to fill in blanks. You framed your post much like from a declarative POV ... kind of like, look how smart I am.

• Sam

Not true..............

• James

Actually, you need 270 votes in the flawed electoral college to be elected POTUS.

I always find it interesting how proponents of the Electoral College hinge on "it makes it so that the less populated states still have say! Otherwise New York and California would decide everything!" But then the EC just turns the attention to the "battleground states". Other states see very little campaigning in comparison.

• Leo

Wrong.           

• Troy

Not if you win Texas and California.

Not true one State can't make the election even though Ohio is a major factor 

I am familiar with battleground states