What affordable new cars come standard with a backup camera ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • PMack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know where you live, but they have been required in all new cars in the US for the past two years - so every new car has one. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/02/backup-cameras-now...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No new car is affordable.  Also that does not eliminate the back up procedure as taught in the Driver's Training Manual.  You got to be able to do it or FAIL THE ROAD TEST.

• 1 month ago

Chevy Volt.

EDIT: I  rented a 2019   from Enterprise, It Was a "basic, economy" model. . I was amazed it  came  with one.  The Yaris and the Focus I had previously rented from them did not. The Sentra did but it was a four door more a mid grade.

@Edna, U must m be thinking of Full camera coverage. My brother's Lexus has five cameras. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A backup camera isn't "standard equipment" on any new car. Standard equipment is all the equipment that every car must have in order to operate. A backup camera isn't standard equipment; a backup camera is optional equipment that a car doesn't HAVE to have, and you're going to pay extra for it. A new car that you're looking at on a new car dealer's lot might have a backup camera in it that was installed at the factory; but the camera is still optional equipment and it's additional cost will be included in the total price of the car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Affordable? I think $60,000 and up is affordable, do you? Most if not all at that price comes with a backup camera.

• 1 month ago

That depends entirely on your definition of affordable, which you forgot to say.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on what you meam by affordable

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.