Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Should I fire my workers who support Trump on social media?

He attacked the expert guidance on how to stay safe during the pandemic and I just don't know which of his supporters are as irresponsible as he is. I really don't want my business to get shut down. We work repairs in Clearwater, Florida.

your business your rules. There are many trump supporters, some choose to go along with the sheeple. I have many many gay, trans, poc, and blue haired vegan friends that love trump. we here and proud :D

Source(s): trump 2020
  • maiya

I'm so sorry I can not make my comment. I was notified by Yahoo wish is Verizon.that my words were. out of line with answers.I can not use words that are on a dictionary. my Intentions were good. but according to their code. I was not. I apologize if I offended anyone.

I would. Florida's an at will, right to work state. You need not even give them a reason. If you can't trust your team, .... That would beat the possibly endless legal problems they might create.

Sure, his rights to be a moron ends where someone else's safety and health begins

Source(s): Not a Trump supporter

Only if he doesn't comply to the rules of the organisation, verbally abuse someone, harassment, etc. Not based on political views.

You're the boss. If your employee won't comply with your rules, show him the door with no reservation. Especially that he would "attack" the expert guidance. He sounds like big trouble! Trump showed that he is as ignorant as any fool before he was even nominated, by espousing that global warming is a hoax. You have to be living under a rock to not know all the evidence of its reality.

Your workers should seek COMPETENT employers.

Even if what you claim to believe were true, asking this question on Yahoo Answers is a CONFESSION that you are not qualified as a manager.

• Marli

No, you can't fire your employees for their politics. But you can fire them for disregarding the health of your customers and their fellow workers 

You have the right and responsibility to maintain a safe workplace. If that means they mask, etc., make sure your employees know that they must mask,  wash hands and all the other precautions.

Check with the public health department of Clearwater. I can't believe that being cautious about  Covid-19 is a crime in Florida. Your hospital's staff mask, don't they?  We who deal with the public in Toronto must wear masks and wash, wash, wash with soap. My city by-law won't let me walk in my apartment building without a mask at least, and it's a good thing. We have children and seniors but no serious cases of Covid-19 in my building. Tell your employees it's not that onerous when you know the reasons and get used to doing it. Better to do it and lessen the strain on the hospitals. It's the American way to help your neighbors,  isn't it? And when you help them, you help yourself and your country.

tyrannicus businessmenicus,whadda species

Only if you have issue with people who don't share your views.  Most employers hire people based on their skill set.