Is it worth it to be a Vegetarian?

Absolutely. Majority of cardiologists don't eat meat for a reason !! And if you are a dude, prolonged meat eating will cause erectile dysfunction. 870,000 people die annually from cholesterol which is only found in animal products. 

I'd have to say probably not. And I've never been a vegetarian. And I'm definitely not a vegan.

It is my personal preference to remain a lifelong meat eater.

For me it was, it depends on the reasons you’re going vegetarian. I went vegetarian 5 years ago and I never looked back once I realized it was worth it. There are so many alternatives to meat. As long as you’re being smart, talking to your doctor, and taking your vitamins, you will be fine! Everyone is different but I personally feel that my life has transformed since going vegetarian (and then vegan). I feel that I’m living more in line with my values. I know I’m not contributing to any kind of animal suffering and that is enough for me.  

Source(s): Vegetarian for 5 years

Maybe for some but it's just not for me Sanai.

no dont go vegetarian. your health will get worse over the years

• It is so good but over,,,

• Daisy

Depends on what you expect to get out of it.

It's not a magic diet. Sodas, cookies, ice cream, etc, are all vegetarian so you may not lose weight.

You won't be smarter, prettier, have better skin, or save a single animal life by giving up meat.

So what are you expecting to happen? That will tell you if It's worth it.

• kswck2

Not to me it isn't. 

"Worth it?" that's very subjective. What's worth more--your love of meat or you love of a long, healthy life? What's worth it to YOU?

I'm not saying you can't eat meat and live a long time. Many people do. However, most Americans (in particular) don't eat enough vegetables or vegetable-based products. Hence their obesity rates and their high incidences of diabetes, heart disease and stroke.  If you are uncertain whether or not a vegetarian lifestyle is a good things, just TRY it for a few weeks, and see if you can live with it. OR you can cut out 1/2 or 2/3 of your meat consumption instead and replace the meat with healthier options like beans, nuts, fish, and yes--vegetables--in as many ways as you can. 

It is healthier for the most part, if it's done right. Sometimes 'vegetarian' options are no healthier or better for you than any others--you need to get good at reading labels and monitoring your content and find sources that are truly healthier, not just those that say  they are. 

“Worth it” in what way? What benefit are you expecting?

Your diet only affects you (and anyone who feeds you). If you want to be vegetarian then I guess it might be “worth it”.