Can you trust a doctors diagnosis?

With many doctors having a conflict of interest to pad their pockets with big pharma money by getting you on any drug they can can you trust them?

Depends on this situation if he is a bets doctor or not. If a doctor is good must take reviews from the patient side. I hope your confusion has resolved. 

Not entirely.  They can only see you for a few minutes, they do not know as much about you as you yourself do.  That is why you need to study up on basic human physiology and become familiar with a medical text, like "the merck manual of diagnosis and therapy".   There is increasingly a marketing influence on the criteria needed to be met to make a diagnosis.

The mental health system is corrupt to the core.  Use to be if a person was an alcoholic then Social Security defined that as a disability and covered it. Then in the early 1990s they stopped that. Since then the psych doctors say, oh, you are bipolar and the alcoholism is self medicating your condition.  This keeps them as paying customers or rather SS as paying customers. 

My wife had an unusual blood test and was referred to a "cancer specialist. He said she had leukemia and needed a bone biopsy.  So later I called his clinic and asked the receptionist if the doctor was board certified. She said yes. I ask well what area is he board certified. She replied, "I will tell you if you tell me who you are".  Well,  I got her to go to someone I could verify as board certified in hematology/oncology. He looked at her blood and said she did not have leukemia and did not need a bone biopsy.   What get me is the guy who wanted to give the bone biopsy is does clinical trials for cancer therapy.  So what does it mean if your "cured" by the new therapy or die from the standard therapy?  

I use to work as a pharmacist.

Source(s): life and pharmacy degree

I will add, that  for the most part, we have NO idea if you even fill a Rx , let alone get any money back from using it. We arent even allowed anymore to accept pens from pharm reps. However, dont go if you are so paranoid.

Sounds like your problems are with drugs and so called big pharm etc. I can respect that and so don't go to MD's who are licensed to prescribe medications. You can use supplements and vitamins if you wish with your aversion to medications. Just stop wasting MD's time with your paranoia and insults. You don't need them and just go on your own way. 

You also don't have to blindly trust doctors as you can always get a second opinion especially if treatments don't work for that diagnosis. That's the way most adults use doctors. 

I actually think that most of the insults directed towards doctors is by people who are envious of a position of status that most people respect. They won't stand a chance in hell in getting into medical school and so the hate begins. 

• Dylan

Most diagnosis are correct, doctors don't just give you any random drug...

It's best to do your own research if you are unsure about your proscriptions or diagnosis.

depends on if he was a good doctor or not