Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How can I convince someone to get rid of there dog? ?

A family relative got a "puppy" (almost adult now) however he is a fairly large breed to be more specific a cane corso. It has bitten me on multiple occasions and I've confronted the owner about training it but they dont litsen. They dont have a backyard and they never take the dogs for walks so hes very hyperactive and is always in the house. On top of that the male owner and dog play very aggressively together so when he sees other people he replicates this behavior. The dog recently bit someone other than me and got punched in the nose. There not pressing charges but I'm afraid if this continues the dog could be put down for the owners irresponsible behavior. I don't blame the dog because he was never taught better I honestly just want the dog in a home where he can thrive and not be in danger from euthinization. 

Apparently there's no convincing there. 

There where? .

Mind your own business. Suggest these sheeple get very secured Gates and fences. 

• Ocimom

You have a duty to report a dog that bites people.  Heaven forbid its a child next time.  Call Animal Control and report the bites and neglect.

You are totally right and this ignorance of not giving the dog what it needs in the respect of socialising,  training and exercise is going to lead to more bites. 

I detest these breeders who sell to people like this as sometimes the new buyer just doesn't understand what is required.  It should be up to the breeder to at least lay that on the line.    I'm dealing with a Rottweiler that's in a very similar situation although the dog is fantastic and in the right hands will be wonderful.   He hasn't bitten people but has another dog. 

In your case,  the dog is either taken off of him or worse will happen IMO.  

• jean

contact animal control, RSPCA .You can remain anonymous. Some people think oh its my dog and I will treat him as bad as i want..

• lj1

If the owner refuses to see the error of his ways, he's just going to have to learn the hard way by losing his dog, and possibly getting sued. Sadly, the dog will be the real loser in this situation. He's going to suffer for his owner's stupidity.

Report the fact you were bitten  several times to animal control anonymously from a callbox in that case, and they will relieve you of that task.

• *****

You can't make someone be sensible. If the dog has already bitten multiple people and the owner won't listen to reason, you need to take steps to protect yourself and others. That means calling animal control and reporting the bite incidents that have already occurred and any that occur in future, warning others, and staying away from the dog. Otherwise, when the dog seriously injured or kills someone, it'll be partly your responsibility. 

you probably cant, just dont go there unless you want to talk to animal control about it