Does high income mean more?

My brother is almost 50 years old. I have no idea what he earns but he acts like he does well. What gets to me is that he never married or bought a house. Is it possible he still has a high income and just doesn't want a family or a house?

It is possible.  But it's also possible that he doesn't do well and just acts like he does.

• Judy

f course it's possible

Very possible.  At 84 yo I have equally as old friends who are quite rich but never married.  Although I think they all owned at least one home, maybe more.  

Although one of my rich bachelor friends lived in San Francisco on a 50 foot yacht that served as his home.  And when he tired of the neighborhood, he'd just up anchor and sail off to a new one somewhere on the planet.  He was in Chile last I heard of him.  But he never married; at least I never heard of him marrying.  But who knows, when he traveled to S. America there is no telling what he did down there.I also had a late friend who was a senior airline pilot and never married...until he reached 75 yo.  He owned several homes before he married, but moved to a more or less permanent one in North Carolina to live out the rest of his life with his new wife.  But my point here was that he was way over 50 yo before he married.

Bottom line I think it's more likely that such a person will own at least one home, maybe several, even though they don't marry.  Rich people tend to understand that buying a home is a better way to spend their money than renting or leasing one.

I am older than your brother and i never married. I did buy a house about 18 years ago. But he may prefer where he is?  

What difference does it mean if he has high income?  I never had real high income but I invested young and continued so my net worth is over a million.