Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Do you think Midas sucks, too?

• 3 days ago

We have been ripped off by Midas Muffler too from California to 620 W Parker Rd,  Plano, Texas. I have not been to a Midas in decades but I will never forget how they ripped my wife and I off many times. I think they keep track of you on their computers so they can target you; to take advantage of you; no matter what Midas you visit

• Andy C

Yeah, pretty much,  but in Detroit,  they were the only ones who would replace my Subaru's front axel.

• M.

Any automotive repair facility could have either a bad or a good mechanic. Even your neighbor, who has NO repair facility, could be a bad or a good mechanic. 

There is no exact answer to your question. 

I would suggest: 

If you need an exhaust system repair, then go to Midas. 

If you need tires, then go to a tire store. 

Don't ask the auto parts store counter sales guy for car repair advice.  Ask him the cost and availability of repair parts.

• Jay P

Yep.

Share with us why you think they suck Anonymous poster...

• Erik

I would never take my car to one of those chain places.  They're too expensive and they take too long.  Plus you can't really trust them.

I always had good results with Midas but that was years ago - gosh - I haven't had to replace an exhaust system since my '92 Jeep  (and that was a YEARLY ordeal) . . . . next car was a '93 Chrysler and 5 Fords since then and they all had stainless steel exhaust systems . . . have a '06 in the garage now and it's 100% original parts except the crap Asian AC compressor.

What cars DON'T have stainless exhausts these days?

Midas are good but be careful for scams.  If you go there for a lifetime warranty muffler and you come back for a replacement of the muffler, they will tell you that they will replace it only if you have your whole exhaust system replaced.  You just say no, goodbye and not come back again.

• never  take  vehicle  to  "midas"  or  "just-brakes" … they  will  sabotage  your  vehicle … you  will  return  in  less  than  four  months  with  other  problem … they  created.  they  are  both  scammers … you  been  warned.

Well, they'll give you an estimate of two hours labor for a car repair, then finish the job in one hour, but still charge you for TWO. Go figure...

Not sure who that is.