Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

How does getting a Post-Grad work permit work in Canada?

For example, I want to immigrate to Canada but I am also wanting to go to graduate school to get my MA. Would attending a Canadian university to get my masters and applying for a pgwf upon graduation make it easier to do both of these? Could it help you bypass the skilled worker/express entry process or count as part of that? 

@capitalgentleman, a post grad work permit is a real thing. Look it up, dumbass 

Time on a student visa specifically doesn't count towards residency for anything else

• Maxi

Canada has a very comprensive immigration website including information and eligiblity about post grad work permit, so read it https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citi...

You are confusing two things:  and education visa, which is NOT a means for immigration, and actually immigrating.  IF you are allowed to immigrate, you can then go to school, although graduate degrees make getting accepted easier.  But, you cannot go to school on a student visa, and then stay in the country afterwards.

pgwf ??

, I want to immigrate to Canada. How nice for you. Just answer the basic question of WHY would Canada WANT YOU over millions of other applicants.

Would attending a Canadian university to get my masters and applying for a pgwf upon graduation make it easier to do both of these? It can but there is no 100% guarantee.

Could it help you bypass the skilled worker/express entry process or count as part of that?  YES In some LIMITED situations at time of graduation your particular studies MIGHT be in demand.  What is in demand changes year to year and place to place in Canada.

How does getting a Post-Grad work permit work in Canada? SIMPLE

You apply and ASK for one. You MIGHT be approved.

Shall we all guess if your degree is a master in Music or the art of Medieval Europe?

WARNING some post graduate positions are TEMPORARY and you are expected to go home when they end.

As a UNIVERSITY student you should have the intelligence to understand the web page. It is not complicated.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citi...

There is no GUARANTEED way. The use of AGENTS is not a very good idea most are frauds.