Should I keep calling or no?

Ok, I was offered employment from a company, signed the offer letter, passed drug screen, everything is legit ok but have NEVER been given an actual start date, only an attentive start date which was supposed to be Monday, and I get the feeling my leg is just being pulled

Favorite Answer

The waiting game is no fun at all when it comes to job hunting.  I would contact the H.R. department and ask them what's going on.  Remember though, its not always what you say, it's HOW you say it.  If you can get hold of the person who interviewed you or sent the offer, simply state, "I was given an attentive start date for Monday, and I am calling to confirm, are we still set for me to start working on Monday?"  They should tell you yay or nay.  If the answer is no, ask if they have an actual start date.  After this, give it a couple of days before contacting them again.

Some companies take a RIDICULOUSLY long time to finally set a start date.  I had this problem when I worked a governent job, and also later, when I worked a contract job for an Airline;  All papers seemed to be in place, but for whatever reason, it took about 2 months after the interview before they provided me with a definite start date.  I was ready to give up on them and move on.  Sometimes the wheel turns slowly.  Good luck.   

Call and ask what date you should start and what time.