Female book character names?

I need a name for the main character and her two sisters. I want the names to be fairly 'out there' but not completely unheard of. The characters are from Scotland but the names do not need to be Scottish, in fact I want them to be quite exotic. Grateful for any suggestions, thanks!!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Sanjana and Farjana,,,😍

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Evangeline and her sisters Penelope and Mélusine. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Vivecca,  Cremona,  Mariska.

• Spike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How about these names.

Jane

Meggy

Lisa

Calliope(Cal for short)

Irene

Anne-Marie

Lynette

Wendy

Julie

Roberta

Rosemary

Mariska

Daniela

Kensi 

Necar

Hannah

Catherine

Corinna(Cory for Short)

Rachel

Kathy

Carina

Kelly

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How about these:

경진

희진

선진

• 1 month ago

Just start writing your story. Call your characters X, Y and Z. As their personalities develop, their names will emerge. Or start their names all with the same letter and then change one if she starts being assertive and needs a stronger name.

Esme, Ember, Evelina

Maura, Maisie, Maya

Shelby, Sydney, Siobhan

Kayley, Kylie, Kimberly

Naming your own characters is one of the joys of writing. Choose names that YOU like, but don't get hung up on naming them right from the beginning. Focus on getting your ideas down on paper (or in your computer).

• Marli
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Lorraine, Hyacinth, Mellynda.

I presume they are modern girls, that their mother is the dominant partner in the marriage and that she is not a Scot.

• 1 month ago

Like all character names, the right one depends on who their parents (or mother) were at the time of their births.

What about the mother would result in exotic names? What level of education and culture did the mother or parents have? How old was she when the sisters were born? What's exotic when you're 17 and a high school graduate is no longer exotic when you're 26 and have a college degree and/or a good bit of life experience.

Consider names from Greek or Roman goddesses, names from non-European cultures, names of a bygone era, names of places.

• Tina
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Elsie, Lacie and Tillie.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

outline your character, their back story, etc. it will help your name come to you. but it's you as a writer who needs to name the characters. it's fun. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.