Mitchell asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I'm 14 almost 15, I'm about 6'2 and I weigh 300lb Should I be worried?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not if you want to audition for the part of Jabba the Hutt.

• 1 month ago

get involved in sports at your school.

• Judy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes, and your parents too.  According to the BMI calculator on Bing, your BMI is 38.5 and your healthy weight for your height is: 124.6 lbs. - 176 lbs. meaning you are obese.

• 1 month ago

Yes and no!  You shouldn’t worry because you are still growing and all that food that you are consuming isn’t a total waste , they help you grow and be productive , however too much of anything can be harmful as they say. I would try to look into internment fasting this is a very easy and simple way to lose weight without being too hungry. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, as should your parents. The recommended weight range for a 6'2" male is 180 - 207 lbs, depending on body frame size, per the source calculator. That would make 300 lbs right around the level of morbid obesity (100 or more lbs overweight). 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably.  What is your waist line?  No one should have a waist line more than 40 inches.  What is your body fat percentage?  No one should have body fat over 30%.  At your age you should have body fat well below 20%.  If you're 300 pounds with a 32 inch waist line and 15% body fat, then you're fine.  But I suspect those are not your numbers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.