Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Fake ID with Covid ?

So here is the situation,

Around April of this year I got a letter from Urbana police that they had my fake ID and the officer said I had two choices; ignore the notice and have my license suspended for a year or tell them where I got it and pay a $400 fine. I of course emailed the officer stating that I will say everything but that I am unable to come down because I live 3 hours away from Urbana and that I don’t feel comfortable with Covid but that I was willing to go on video call, etc. The officer didn’t respond but I kept sending emails saying that I regretted my actions and that I want to make this right, so he sent an email stating “Currently due to Covid-19 we as a department are not enforcing fraudulent ID's. What that means for you is the situation is being put on hold until things get back to a semi normal routine. I will reach out to you when that happens.” So what I want to know is there a time stamp that he is suppose to get back to me? It’s already August and I really want this to be dealt with and have a peace of mind, but I don’t want to email him again because Im not sure if he just forgot. 

In the UK there is a time limit of 6 months to deal with minor offences. I suggest you check for something similar in the US, oh and stop keep reminding them lol

Keep emailing him and he won't forget about you.  With the pandemic going on, it's impossible to know when things will get back to the "new normal."  Wait for him to contact you.

Don’t do it. Just don’t.