Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

If sins can be forgiven, then what sends a person to hell?

If a serial killer believes in God and that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, why is that person able to go to heaven while a person doesn't believe in God but has done good in their lifetime get sent to hell? God should be more forgiving to his disbelievers.

Nothing, since it is made up fantasy.

• Prince

James 2:19 even demons and devils believe that there's a Jesus but that's not the same as His forgiving you. 'Tain't enough. Just because sins "can" be forgiven don't mean that they ARE forgiven. You need to do some serious work before you end up in Hell.

• Buzz

Not repenting and refusing to change their ways. 

When someone who does not believe in God. Does not exist to God. For when they die, God is only the God of the living. He will raise only his followers which have die in his name, in the last days. The dead stay dead and are lost to God. 

In Matthew 8:22 says (But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury the dead.) And so in Luke 24:39 it mentions (Behold my hands and my feet, that is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. ) Jesus acknowledges ghost.

For a non believer, he should not be bothered by this for they do not believe in Hell. If a non believer fears Hell. Then he is a believer. If they believe that Hell exist then they should go and believe God exist. 

God does forgive only whats in your heart. What's in one's heart, are all the hidden secrets man has within. So God can not forgive no-one, not even me. We are all going to hell. But we have someone that will cover that sinful part of our heart. Jesus is sinless. With his life and death and his everlasting life we follow him. God sees no sin but Jesus. When one fills themselves up with Jesus then they will began to change and start reading the word of God. They call it rebirth in Jesus. Then this with show you how God forgives.

A murder will never be forgiven, but his hubble heart can change and only God knows what in our hearts. 

Without Jesus in your heart God sees your sin, all of it. At sin goes to Hell. Sin will carry you with it. 

It does not make much sense but the truth is, God is love, but like anyone if your hearts is not fill with the light (Jesus). Then God sees only darkness. So ( Let there be light.) Genesis 1:3 

• Ann

Not being repentant for your sins.

• Paul

Failure to repent of one's sins and seek forgiveness.

It is a scam. If it were not, simply being a good neighbor would be a fine and just system. However you must believe, after that you must participate in that belief. You have to attend service, pay your tithe, and rope others into this belief.

Not repenting of them.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Refusal of repentance and God's salvation.

It's refusing to bend your knees in Jesus' name, not repentantly trusting in what He did to get your sins freely pardoned, that gets people into hell. The provision has been made for people to avoid hell, but if they don't believe that is the case, or they proudly think they can do enough good to merit Heaven, then they will be in for a shock. Nobody can do anything to deserve Heaven, but we all, already, deserve hell. Disbelief in God is sin, just as murder is sin. Yet God will give a disbeliever faith to believe, if asked for. You can't get fairer than that.