to find legal info online?

all I want to know is how to file for a new trial in my state, now that I finally have new evidence that proves I am innocence?

Every site I find is either gov site, which I will not go to, or the site is demanding that I pay pay pay pay pay and then pay some more.

I am poor, my only income is my disability, I cannot afford to hand 100,000 dollars green cash to someone and then wait and HOPE he decided to fill out a few forms.

I need to know what forms, and how to fill them out, and who to give them to, and what do do, and I do not even even know where to start.

I have been told that judges can not help  me, and court clerks can not help me, only a lawyer can help me and they will not unless I can pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay... you get the idea.

How the !@#$$%% are the poor suppose to get help?

It is bad enough I am being force to obey a law that was ruled unconstitutional 8 years ago, it is bad enough they lied to me about my charges and I did not find out for 15 years, it is bad enough that I can not get a copy of my file, some guy in Japan can, some homeless man in new York can, some ****** in never-never land can, but I can never see it.

Now, when I finally think I have a way to get my freedom back. OH NO! we can not tell you how to do that, we have to make sure you stay on our legal leash for the rest of your ******* life. Truth and freedom be damned.

4 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    If you have real evidence it would be better to get a lawyer. In most every city there'll be dozens of those willing to take any case that makes the prosecutor look bad pro bono. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    This is too complicated for you to handle yourself. You need an attorney.  Either contact legal aid or find an attorney who will work for free.

  • 1 month ago

    After 15 years the statute of limitations may be applicable.  Search "statute of limitations," the crime and your state's name.

  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Contact legal aid in your area. They provide pro bono services to people who cannot afford a lawyer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.