What is a good age to move a toddler to a big girl bed?? ?

I am 32 years old and I have 6 kids pregnant with our 7th. We are moving because we need a bigger house and my youngest will be 16 months on August 22nd. Should I move her to a big girl bed or still have her sleep in her crib or leave the crib for the new baby? We are thinking of bunk beds in our new houses for the kids I have 3 girls 3 boys (don't know what gender our 7th will be I'm only 9 weeks! Some parents say wait until 2-3 yrs but since we have a new baby coming in March 2021 and don't wanna have to move our toddler again and set up a new nursery. If you have any tips please let me know! Also if your wondering all my kids ages they are (9), (8), (6), (5), (3), (16 months) (New Baby coming soon) 

• Edna

Put the 16-month-old into a twin-sized bed or a child-sized bed, and use the crib for the new baby. 

Put 3 twin-sized beds into a room for the 3 girls, and put 3 twin-sized beds into a room for the 3 boys. 3 twin-sized beds will fit into one room,  if they're arranged properly.

I've used bunk beds, and I'm not a fan of them.  It's hell when you have to change the sheets or straighten up the covers on the top bunk. You have to climb UP to the top bunk to do it; and that gets mighty old, mighty fast. I do NOT recommend bunk beds, no matter how crowded you are.

• L

Just put her in a Big Girl bed and move on.

• LizB

What have you done with all of your previous kids? You have some age gaps big enough that you must have faced this issue before. 

If you want to move your youngest into a room with the older kids but are afraid she'll fall out of bed, then either put her in a lower bunk and install some sort of safety rail, or let her sleep on a mattress on the floor until she's ready for the lower bunk. Also some styles of bunk beds actually have the bottom mattress on the floor, like this one: https://www.wayfair.com/Harriet-Bee--Koehn-Twin-Lo...

You're supposedly a mother of six and you can't work this out on your own?

If you get a toddler bed, then the move could happen now.  A toddler bed sits much lower to the ground, so falling out is not usually a problem.

The biggest issue with moving a very young child into a regular bed is that they often wake up and wonder around the house without you knowing that they are up.  This can be a dangerous situation.

With that said - I did put my daughter in a toddler bed at the age of ONE.  I went into her bedroom to get her up one morning and discovered her trying to climb out of her crib.  She was at a point that I had to rush to catch her or she would have fallen to the floor.  I seen my option as being switch beds or risk her falling and hurting herself by climbing out of the crib - which is a much higher fall than the fall from a toddler bed.  I put her in a toddler bed and installed a half door on her bedroom.  The half door was tall enough she couldn't climb it and latched from the outside so that she couldn't open it.  This kept her in her room if she did wake up and wonder around without me hearing her.  (BTW - she was also walking at nine months)  I still used a baby monitor in the room so that I would hear her when she made enough noise.  Many mornings, she would wake up and play for a short time before ever crying or making enough noise to alert me that she was awake.

You want to move a baby to a big bed? but they could fall out?