Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

Is it still dangerous to leave extension lead connected to mains socket during thunderstorm?

The telephone and internet are connected to a lightning surge protector, on the other end is an extension lead that connects from the surge protector to the main telephone socket.

The extension lead won't come out from the mains socket end, the thing for pulling it out is broken so can only be pulled out of the surge protector.Is it safe to just pull the the telephone and internet filter and the extention lead connecting to the protector and leave the extension lead still connected to the mains socket? 

Can it cause any damage?

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, since this could just start a fire.

  • 1 month ago

    Disconnect everything during a severe storm.  


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.