Beretta 92fs question. Why does my gun say it's made in Germany by umarex which seems to mostly make airguns?

I purchased a Beretta 92fs in .22 caliber and was disappointed to see right on the plastic frame that it was made in Germany by umarex. My friend brought his pellet gun over to my house and it also said made by umarex which got me thinking i might have an inferior gun than some of the other models. Is my pistol of lower quality because it is made in Germany or do they make quality weapons.

I guess I have a replica since it is chambered in .22 long rifle but why then does it say Beretta USA on the side of the slide

I purchased it at cabelas

• L.N.
    Favorite Answer

It's a training/plinking pistol made to the same specifications as the real thing except for caliber. Made by Umarex under license from Beretta.

The Beretta 92fs is a 9mm pistol.  The military designation is M9.  Beretta does make a M9_22LR in .22 long rifle.  Umarex makes replicas, usually under license.  So what you have is an Umarex (not a Beretta) replica of the M9_22LR.  In general, German manufacturing is of high quality. 

• Rick

they make some 'real' guns as well as airguns, paintball guns and fake guns ...............