Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why is religion still a thing?

I admit I was duped into believing in it as a child by adults, but then I grew up and put childish things behind me.

• Paul

Kind of a silly thing to say, given the hundreds of millions of intelligent adults who live in relationship and communication with God.

• sarah

Even scientists agree someone made this planet habitable.  Someone made amazing plants and animals.  Even the eye could not just evolve.  Neighter could the ear or the heart.  Some think it is aliens and technically God the creator is and alien since he does not live on this planet.

Religion is not childish, Einstein. 

It is still a thing for two reasons.  The biggest one is tradition, I'll admit.

The other is that every year millions experience God for themselves.  You should, too.  It's the logical thing to do.  Don't bother moving the goalposts.  It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

But you still haven't learned not to take things out of context. 

You just quoted from religion.

• rodcom

As long as there is suffering and hardship in the world, there will be people who look to religion for comfort.  They are indoctrinated as children, and learn to use it as a crutch during the hard times.

I think it is a bunch of bunk, and it does nothing for me, but for many they find solace in it, whether true or not.

and yet you still hide behind a childish cowardly Anonymous mask

• Jake

Only the Catholic Church has the fullness of truth and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

If you look up God been putting on a light show in the heavens Seen many signs of his existence 

• God

Good for you!  There are lots of people that were brainwashed as children and continued to believe in their fairy tale religions as grown-ups.