Are there any paying agencies in USA that can find colleges/universities lecturers jobs?

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    No. Are you asking about tenure-track jobs? One place to look for those jobs is the Chronicle of Higher Education. "Lecturer" typically means non-tenure track- one year positions. Those are advertised on the university's website, but rarely anywhere else. Another word for that kind of position is "Instructor". Some universities hire "adjuncts"- those are usually part-time positions that don't pay much. 

  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    No, that's not how it works.

    You find your positions, temporary or tenure-track, through the scholarly associations for each field, which list jobs in their jobs-listing publications online. For example, art historians' positions in the US (and seen by academics abroad) appear in the College Art Association's listings.

    Academic-administrative positions may be found in other listings.  There are no "employment agencies" that do this, though for non-academic management positions, a college or university might well go through a headhunter.

    The various associations usually conduct preliminary interviews at their annual conferences.  Science departments and research labs handle these things differently, often via post-doctoral fellowships.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Yes, but typically universities only use agencies for upper management job searches.   Lecturer positions more likely advertised in a variety of publications easily found with a google search these days.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.